PLEASE READ THIS IF YOU ELECT TO COPY, PRINT OR DISTRIBUTE ANYTHING FROM WHAT IS AUTHORED BY ME

The site address for this blog is www.giftsfromglory.blogspot.com

The site address for my "READ ONLY" posts
is "LIONS SHARE MAJESTY" at http://www.lioneaglesoar.blogspot.com/

For PHOTOGRAPHY views, please visit PHOTO SPLENDOR PLUS at http://www.photosplendorplus.blogspot.com/ and
PHOTO PLAZA at http://www.photogplaza.blogspot.com/

Time is shortened for when our Lord shall return. The more information that can be distributed to lead people to our Lord, the better. Also, there are those who need to be strengthened in our Lord - don't we all? That is one reason that He led me to create this blog. Of course, it is NOT reasonable to place here to be copied/printed/distributed all of what our Lord leads me to author. What I will place here for such purposes is what GOD instructs and when He instructs.

CONDITIONS:

It is requested that if you elect to copy, print, or distribute anything authored by me here that you give written attribution to me as author on the subject copies. Also, permission is granted only if the subject pieces are copied and used in full content (no changes, "editorial" or otherwise, and no excerpts, except for several sentences, or less.) In addition, permission is NOT granted for usage in FOR PROFIT publications.

My other blogs have colored backgrounds, such as orange, which do not bode well for copying/printing/distribution purposes. This blog has a white background which, typically, works better for such purposes.

Note: The above stated CONDITIONS apply to electronic transmissions (e-mails, blogs, webpages/sites, attachments, newsletters, and link usages...) as well.

Thank you for your consideration and indulgence.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

MY ADDICTION

MY ADDICTION


My addiction is to the essence of life.
Life fuels me
as I immerse myself
in the splendor
of the gift of breath –
Ah, I breathe in
the injection
of air flavor.
I cannot flatline on this high
that has proven alive

My addiction causes creative juices
to flow as I cook up flavorful recipes
to feed this addiction to the essence of life

My addiction supplies a natural high -
Who needs dealers
when heart grown substances
fully satisfy the cravings?

I ain’t eating no cold turkey
when an eagle is nearby
Eagles fly while turkeys are grounded -
I am going with the bird that
has majesty on its side

I woke up singing because
my addiction would not be denied.
I free based
as the sunshine gave me plenty of light –
based freely
on love from its comforting rays

My addiction propels me
to skip in the streets
Who needs a line of “coke” when –
ain’t nothing like the real thing, baby?!

My addiction jump starts me daily
as I feed its robust hunger -
We indulge abundantly
as we feast succulently
on the essence of life

My addiction and me
have COMPANY for sure…

Organic all the way, baby!
It’s good for the soul.
The heart shouts a hearty “Amen!”

NOTE: For effect, minor improper grammar was used in this poem on purpose.

Sandra Renee Hicks
P.O. Box 1210
Washington, DC  20013
firelionwarriors@yahoo.com

Thursday July 8, 2010